• Tue. Nov 28th, 2023

US. Patada indie

> Sports News, MLS soccer & international Football

Sporting Kansas City’s Johnny Russell named Player of the Day

Sporting Kansas City's Johnny Russell named Player of the Day

Russell’s game was his seventh career multi-goal game for SKC, and he has scored in each of his last three games to spark a playoff run. The Scot finished the 2023 regular season with eight goals – his third consecutive season of netting at least eight times.

Russell is the second Kansas City player to be named Continental Tire’s MLS Player of the Day this season, joining Alan Pulido on Game Day 18. This is Russell’s fourth career honor.

Next up is Kansas City at 9:30 ET | MLS Season Pass on Wednesday night against the No. 9 San Jose Earthquakes in the West. The winner advances to the 1st round best-of-3 series against St. Louis CITY SC no. 1 starting on October 29 at CITYPARK.

The MLS Player of the Day presented by Continental Tire is selected each game day of the regular season through both media and fan voting in a process moderated by MLS Communications. The panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprises 75 percent of the vote, with Twitter fan votes accounting for the remaining 25 percent. NASR is comprised of members from the print, television, radio and online media.